Update: The APPICS Android Testnet is now available again for everyone!
Dear APPICS Community!
Today, we are releasing our Android Testnet to the next stage of testing together with our global family.
Read this update to know more about the current status of development as well as how to download the Android app and get back on the APPICS testnet.
️⚠️ Before installing the new version, please make sure to delete any previous version of the Appics app you had on your phone.
What new features you can expect & start to test:
- New sign and login flows: You can now easily create a new profile through Google, Facebook or username/password. Simply set your details in an intuitive and simple way of guided steps and you are ready to go!
- Revamped UI: Graphics are now crisp clear and animations make the transitions much smoother
- Updated and revamped feed: You can now see the category of each post and directly access mentioned users (@username) and links
- Optimized Discovery: See what is trending or is new at each category much faster and discover new brands
- Brand new wallet: You can now send and delegate APX to other users and see a complete and detailed transactions history.
- Updated post creation flow: Our revamped photo and video picker lets you easily pick the perfect photo for a post
- Notifications section: All the action on your profile in a glance
⚠️ ️Keep in mind that this is still the testnet, so you can create a test account (with a different username than your final one) and will also earn test tokens under each post. Also, since this is the testnet on our new blockchain, you have to CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT and cannot login with your previous credentials!
If you have more questions, for example about logging in with your existing account or how the new wallet functions work, make sure to check out our “APPICS Testnet FAQ” :
How to report bugs:
Bugs are expected to occur in the testnet, so please help us by reporting them as detailed as possible and with screenshots / screen recordings inside the following Excel sheet:
While a big leap was made on Android, our backend developers worked hard to finalize the implementation of notifications, as well as improving the transaction history and overall app performance. These are important steps that take us even closer to the deployment of the mainnet.
Furthermore, we are excited to share that iOS users will receive an update on Testflight next week that will allow them to test the tokenswap and experience improved app features.